Practice writing to a prompt within a specified time. 0301.3.5
Links verified on 10/18/2011
- All Writing Prompts.com - Writing prompts you can sink your teeth into.
- Creative Writing Prompts - Use the creative writing prompts and creative writing ideas to create stories, poems and other creative pieces from your imagination. Put your cursor on any of the 346 numbered prompts to see one.
- Imagination Prompt Generator - Click to get a new prompt.
- Journal Writing Ideas - hundreds of ideas from teachers.net
- Nursery Rhyme Expansion - Nursery Rhymes can be wonderful springboards for all kinds of Language Arts activities. Here is an activity designed to give middle school students practice with the aspects of purpose, voice, and audience in their writing.
- Original WritingFix Prompt Generator - Click the button to be given a random prompt from their collection. [This expired link is available through the Wayback Machine Internet Archive. If the page doesn't load quickly click on Impatient? at the bottom right of the page.]
- Proverbs: Wisdom Tales Without the Plot - Have students choose a familiar proverb and develop a story that can surround and carry that thought. Multicultural proverbs offer interesting insights into the universality of wisdom.
- Sample Prompts and Anchor Papers - designed for grade 5 - adaptable to grade level
- Timer to time your students - Click on count down button then set the clock.
- Writing Prompts - from Teachers.net
- Writing Prompts - Narrative, Persuasive and Expository [This expired link is available through the Wayback Machine Internet Archive. If the page doesn't load quickly click on Impatient? at the bottom right of the page.]
- Writing Prompts with pictures - Elementary
- Writing Prompts: Journal Topics - 273 prompts in ten different categories from Can Teach
site for teachers | PowerPoint show | Acrobat document | Word document | whiteboard resource | sound | video format | interactive lesson | a quiz | lesson plan | to print