Recognize and use contractions and possessives using apostrophes. 0301.1.6
Links verified on 10/13/2011
- Apostrophes and Contractions - worksheet to print or use with whole class; many examples of contraction usage
- Catastrophes of Apostrophic Proportions - a quiz on apostrophes
- Contraction Games - many quizzes, worksheets and games
- Contraction Match - matching game
- Contraction Practice - interactive contraction practice [click on a red dot]
- Contraction Practice - write the contraction for the underlined word.
- Contraction Worksheets - many choices
- Contractions - type the contraction beside the two words
- Contractions - 'to be' verb - type the contraction beside the two words
- Exercises in Plurals and Possessives - place a C by correct items and an I by incorrect items
- Fly By Contraction Practice - find the correct airplane to match with the contraction
- Grammar Blast - various graded grammar skills activities [choose 3rd ]
- Interactive Grammar Quizzes - many topics covered
- Parts of Speech - noun, verb, preposition, etc.
- Parts of Speech Quiz - select correct part of speech
- Plural and Possessive Nouns - By clicking on a bubble, identify whether the highlighted word is a plural or possessive noun and then click on the "Submit Answer" button. [quiz at bottom of page]
- Possessives and Irregular Plurals - 25 items in the quiz
- Type the contraction - [25 questions] type the contraction form of words
- Verb Power - Students identify underlined words as main verbs, helping verbs or contractions.
site for teachers | PowerPoint show | Acrobat document | Word document | whiteboard resource | sound | video format | interactive lesson | a quiz | lesson plan | to print