Work with transformations in a plane and explore their meanings through drawings and manipulatives. 0606.4.7
Links verified on 5/2/2012
- Cube - Find out which colors will be on opposite faces of a cube whose faces are shown unfolded.
- Flip, Slide, or Turn - six flash movies allow you to watch the path an object takes while it is being transformed
- Flips, Slides, and Turns - a manipulative which allows you to view the effect of applying reflection, translation, and rotation transformations or
- Geometric Transformations - thirteen slides introducing the topic, includes material on tessellations
- Mathematical Movements (Flips, Slides and Turns) - a 25 page lesson with printables
- Measuring Turns - what would shapes look like if rotated
- Motion in Geometry - a 127 slide PowerPoint show
- Sam's Similar Shapes - Students learn about shapes that are different sizes but the same shape.
- Spy Guys Interactive - Slides and Flips - Lesson 17
- Transformations - how to identify, describe, perform, and analyze transformations involving translations, reflections, and rotations
- Transformations - a ten slide PowerPoint show introducing four types of transformations
- Transformations and Symmetry - many good examples on this Math Art Connections page includes a student project assignment at the end
- Wrapping Paper Patterns - decide which figures would result from a flip, a slide, or a turn
site for teachers | PowerPoint show | Acrobat document | Word document | whiteboard resource | sound | video format | interactive lesson | a quiz | lesson plan | to print