Select appropriate synonyms and antonyms within context. SPI 0301.1.17
Links verified on 12/23/2014
- Antonym Matching - find pairs with opposite meaning
- Antonyms - When you see the word that is a antonym of the given word, click on the button at the bottom right of the screen. Be quick! The choices for each antonym will only cycle through twice. (Warning: this is difficult)
- Antonym Match - opposites
- Antonym Quiz - complete the sentence
- Concentration Style Synonym Matching
- Ball Hog - select grade 3 and then be ready to jump on words that are synonyms of the given word
- Say it Another Way - Fill in the blank with a synonym for the missing word.
- Squanky the Tooth Taker: The Quiet Quest for Opposites - words are given, students must select the opposites [antonyms]
- Squanky the Tooth Taker: Tooth Tally - words are given, students must select the words that mean the same [synonyms]
- Synonym.com - type as word in the box and find a synonym, or antonym, of the word.
- Super Synonym Match-up - matching game
- Synonym Quiz - complete the sentence
- Synonym Match - concentration style
- Synonym Matching - find pairs or words with same meaning
- Synonym Matching - more practice
- Synonyms and Antonyms - concentration style game
- The Thesaurus - a reference book that lists words and their synonyms - Drag and drop the words to the right thesaurus entry.
site for teachers | PowerPoint show | Acrobat document | Word document | whiteboard resource | sound | video format | interactive lesson | a quiz | lesson plan | to print