Define and recognize word synonyms and antonyms 0301.1.19
Links verified on 12/23/2014
- Antonym Matching - find pairs with opposite meaning
- Antonyms - When you see the word that is a antonym of the given word, click on the button at the bottom right of the screen. Be quick! The choices for each antonym will only cycle through twice. (Warning: this is difficult)
- Antonym Alley - Many worksheets to choose from, or could make this a whole class activity. PDF format
- Antonym Match - drag the items on the right to the matching term on the left
- Antonym Match - opposites
- Antonym Quiz - complete the sentence
- Antonyms Exercises - This section will help you review and strengthen your knowledge of Antonyms. The 30 exercises are grouped into beginner, intermediate, and advanced levels. Determine your level of knowledge and then select an exercise from the lists below
- Ball Hog - select grade 3 and then be ready to jump on words that are synonyms of the given word
- Concentration Style Synonym Matching
- Jeopardy Review - this PowerPoint slide show is in the Jeopardy format, five questions in each of five categories; antonyms, parts of speech, analogy, synonyms, and root words - this file is from the Internet Archive known as the Wayback Machine - If a calendar is displayed, click on the blue circled date]
- Say it Another Way - Fill in the blank with a synonym for the missing word.
- Squanky the Tooth Taker: The Quiet Quest for Opposites - words are given, students must select the opposites [antonyms]
- Squanky the Tooth Taker: Tooth Tally - words are given, students must select the words that mean the same [synonyms]
- Synonym.com - type as word in the box and find a synonym, or antonym, of the word.
- Super Synonym Match-up - matching game
- Synonym Quiz - complete the sentence
- Synonym Match - concentration style
- Synonym Matching - find pairs or words with same meaning
- Synonym Matching - more practice
- Synonyms and Antonyms - concentration style game
- Synonyms Exercises - This section will help you review and strengthen your knowledge of synonyms. The 30 exercises are grouped into beginner, intermediate, and advanced levels. Determine your level of knowledge and then select an exercise from the lists below.
- The Thesaurus - a reference book that lists words and their synonyms - Drag and drop the words to the right thesaurus entry.
site for teachers | PowerPoint show | Acrobat document | Word document | whiteboard resource | sound | video format | interactive lesson | a quiz | lesson plan | to print