Solve a variety of addition and subtraction story problems including those with irrelevant information 0306.2.6
Links verified on 10/4/2011
- Algebraic Reasoning Using Weighing Scales - Learn how to think algebraically with these clever weighing scales. Levels 1 and 2 contain two scales. Level 3 is more difficult and has three scales. Your goal is to determine the weight of one or more of the objects.
- Is That A Fact? - select the appropriate operation for solving a problem
- Jetski Addition - a multiplayer addition racing game
- Let's Go Shopping - estimate by rounding to the nearest dollar as they shop
- Mathematics Problem Solving Index - practice at solving a variety of open sentence problems
- Math Story Problems! - Kid created math story problems ("Kitten" pages are the easiest.) There are lots of links to pages of problems... scroll way down to see them all
- Problem-Solving - numerous online tasks covering all operations with hints and answers provided.
- Spy Guys Interactive - Balancing Equations - Lesson 11
- Sum Sense (Addition) - practice single digit addition by dragging numbers to complete the sentence.
- Sum Sense (Subtraction) - practice single digit subtraction by dragging numbers to complete the sentence.
- Teacher Dodgeball - fill in numbers on an equation - Each blank of the equation stands for a number on a teacher. Hit the teacher with the number that goes next in the equation by clicking on them.
- Tug of War Addition - a multiplayer tug of war game for addition
- Word Problems for Kids - pick grade level and start solving problems
site for teachers | PowerPoint show | Acrobat document | Word document | whiteboard resource | sound | video format | interactive lesson | a quiz | lesson plan | to print