Develop and use stem-and-leaf plots. (0406.5.4)
Links verified on 11/24/2011
- How Do You Read a Stem-and-Leaf Plot? - [7:02] video explanation from Math Playground
- Lesson designed to introduce students to stem-and-leaf plots
- Long Distance Airplanes - a stem-and-leaf plot lesson from Iluminations (rated 3rd-5th grade)
- Make a Stem-and-Leaf plot of the data you enter into the text area (ignore the warning about Internet Explorer, it works fine).
- Organizing Data in a Stem and Leaf Plot - a lesson plan from Annenberg CPB
- Making a Stem and Leaf Plot - An excellent interactive assignment can be found at the bottom of this page.
- Ordering a Stem and Leaf Plot - An excellent interactive assignment can be found at the bottom of this page.
- Grouping by Fives - An excellent interactive assignment can be found at the bottom of this page.
- Overview of Mean, Median, and Mode
- Reading Stem-and-Leaf Plots - [5:58] video explanation designed for developmental math
- Stem-and-Leaf - interactive, students enter values and create a stem-and-leaf plot
- Stem-and-Leaf Plots - [6:45] video explanation designed for Algebra I classes
- Stem-and-Leaf Plots - Flash video lesson with places for students to interact after explanation of the process
- Stem-and-Leaf Plots - short explanation followed by four questions to check for understanding
- Stem-and-Leaf Plots - Their Construction and Use - an overview followed by several suggested assignments
- Stem and Leaf Plotter - an interactive applet that allow students to input data
- Stem-and-Leaf plots - from Purple Math
- Stem-and-Leaf Plots Examples - [8 pages] half of the document is devoted to explanation with examples, two pages are a worksheet, and the final two pages contain an answer key
- What is a Stem-and-Leaf Plot? - Flash video explanation
- Worksheet to accompany a "Stem-and-Leaf Plots" Lesson
site for teachers | PowerPoint show | Acrobat document | Word document | whiteboard resource | sound | video format | interactive lesson | a quiz | lesson plan | to print