Compare angles, side lengths, perimeters and areas of similar shapes. 0706.4.4
Links verified on 1/15/2010
- Alien Angles - estimate angles, without a protractor, ranging from 1-180 by dragging a movable line or
- Angles in a Triangle - interactive applet with several examples or
- Area Explorer - Students are shown shapes on a grid after setting the perimeter and asked to calculate areas of the shapes.
- Banana Hunt -This game helps students practice the degrees of an angle or
- Calculate the Perimeter of the Rectangle - from FunBrain
- Complementary Angles - Match the angles that are complementary. (a Quia game available in Matching, Flashcards, and Concentration format)
- Finding the Third Angle of a Triangle - instruction, practice problems and a game
- Geometric Terms - this Quia quiz contains four activities - matching, flash cards, concentration, and a word search puzzle - which reinforce students vocabulary concerning angles.
- Introduction to Angles - Basic terms related to the classification of angles (a Quia game available in Matching, Flashcards, Word Search, and Concentration format)
- Lesson on Perimeter of Polygons - several examples are given before five fill-in-the-blank questions
- Measuring Angles - quiz with virtual protractor or
- Measuring Around - find circumferences and perimeters in this five question quiz
- Oblique Triangles - from Dave's Short Trig Course
- Perimeter Explorer - Students are shown shapes on a grid after setting the area and asked to calculate perimeters of the shapes.
- Perimeter of a Rectangle - Calculate the perimeter of a rectangle with given dimensions - instruction and review, practice, and a quiz and
- Perimeter of a Square - Calculate the perimeter of a square with given dimensions - instruction and review, practice, and a quiz and
- Protractor - learn how to position and read a protractor in order to measure an angle, and how to use either scale on the protractor or
- Right Triangle Calculator - choose the known side then click on the calculate button
- Right Triangles - from Dave's Short Trig Course
- Triangle Calculator - four different calculators
- Triangle Calculator - enter values three of the six sides and angles of the triangle and the other three values will be computed
- Types of angles and pairs of angles - good illustrations [This expired page is brought to you by the Internet archive, the Wayback Machine.]
- Using Spreadsheets to Find Area and Perimeter - The cells of a spreadsheet are a useful way to represent area and perimeter.
- Working with Angles - ten questions which deal with angles, answers are in pull-down boxes [This expired page is brought to you by the Internet archive, the Wayback Machine.]