Identify setting, characters, and plot in a reading selection. SPI 0301.8.2
Links verified on 10/22/2011
- Bio Cube - This tool allows students to develop an outline of a person whose biography or autobiography they have just read; it can also be used before students write their own autobiography. Student Interactive from Read/Write/Think
- Cartoon Fill-ins - Create your own cartoon by filling in the form
- Charlotte is Wise, Patient, and Caring: Adjectives and Character Traits - lesson plan
- Children's Stories, courtesy of Whootie Owl - Select your category of stories and read a story. Students can write story elements to discuss as whole class. [This expired link is available through the Wayback Machine Internet Archive. If the page doesn't load quickly click on Impatient? at the bottom right of the page.]
- Elements of a Story - excellent interactive site; audio included
- Interactive Circle Plot Diagram - watch the demo first for directions.
- Plot Diagram - The Plot Diagram is an organizational tool focusing on a pyramid or triangular shape, which is used to map the events in a story. This mapping of plot structure allows readers and writers to visualize the key features of stories. Student Interactive from Read/Write/Think
- Reading Comprehension stories - interactive quizzes online for 2 stories
- Setting Match - match the setting with the place.
- Setting Match - match the time of day with the setting.
- Story Elements - on-line interactive lesson - could be used for whole class activity.
site for teachers | PowerPoint show | Acrobat document | Word document | whiteboard resource | sound | video format | interactive lesson | a quiz | lesson plan | to print