Identify and/or select rhyming words. SPI 0301.8.1
Links verified on 10/22/2011
- Circus Builder - Gather up acts for a three-ring circus by finding matching vowel sounds. Select the word that has the same vowel sound as the given word. (rhyming words)
- Letter Poem Creator: Student Interactive - Letter poems are a particularly apt medium for exploring a defining characteristic of poetry-line breaks. As students work to transform narrative-style letters (shown at left) into poetic format, they are encouraged to think carefully about where to end each line.
- Memory Cards - Here's a memory card game with a twist - match pairs of rhyming words.
- Reggie Loves to Rhyme - select one of the dozen locations and then pick words that rhyme with the picture shown
- Rhymes - from Little Animals Activity Centre - Digby Mole's Word games (choose level 3)
- Rhyming Words - match the words in the squares.
- Shape Poem - A shape poem is a poem that describes an object and is written in the shape of the object. In this online tool, elementary students can select shapes from four different themes: Nature, School, Sports, and Celebrations. Within these themes, 19 different shapes are included.
- Welcome to Alpine Ski Lodge - For each given word, you will be given a list of three words and asked to select the one with the same vowel sound as the letter pair (in red) in the given word. (rhyming words)
- Wizards and Pigs: Episode I Poetry Pickle - students identify rhyme, rhythm, and alliteration
site for teachers | PowerPoint show | Acrobat document | Word document | whiteboard resource | sound | video format | interactive lesson | a quiz | lesson plan | to print