Read and write numbers from millions to millionths in various contexts. SPI 0506.2.1
Links verified on 12/19/2011
- Cross Numbers - [numbers up to six or nine digits] numbers are spelled out as crossword clues, fill in the digits [advanced - up to twelve digits]
- Decimal Number Match - [worksheet] Match the number on the right with its name on the left.
- Decimals - [Skillwise worksheet] reading and writing decimal numbers
- How Do You Say That Big Number? - worksheet with seven word names to write in number form followed by seven numbers for students to write the word names; answers on page 2
- How To Read Large Numbers - tips on how to read really big numbers from Firefighter Math
- Numbers in Words and Figures - [worksheet] one page worksheet in MS Word format; answers not given
- Read and Recognize Numbers - Select format (spelling numeral or writing the digits) and select top value to give students practice in writing and reading numbers.
- Read and Write Decimals - explanation, a large number of examples followed by five problems to check for understanding
- Read the Numbers: 4-Digit - [worksheet] Say the names of the 4-digit numbers. Includes a homework sheet and a test.
- Read the Numbers: 6-Digit - [worksheet] Say the names of the 6-digit numbers. Includes a homework sheet and a test.
- Read the Numbers: 7-Digit - [worksheet] Say the names of the 7-digit numbers. Includes a homework sheet and a test.
- Reading and Writing Numbers - [32 slides] slide show that includes numbers for students to read or write
- Reading and Writing Large Numbers in Words - [worksheet] Work out the answers to these questions with the help of a calculator. Write the answers in words.
- Reading and Writing Numbers: Place Value Chart - [Skillwise worksheet] exercise in completing a place value chart
- Reading and Writing Numbers From Facts - [Skillwise worksheet] exercise in seeing numbers and writing them out as words
- Really Big Number Match - [worksheet] Match the number on the right with its name on the left; answers on page 2
- Really Big Numbers - Enter a number then click the Click here button to see how to write it. Use numbers appropriate to this SPI.
- Thousands in Words and Figures - [worksheet] one page worksheet in MS Word format; answers not given
- What's Your Name? - know the value of numbers when written in standard form or expanded notation
- Whole Number and Decimal Place Values - [nine page document] explanation, examples and problem sets for writing large numbers and writing decimal numbers; answers provided
- Writing Big Numbers - [Skillwise factsheet] help with reading and writing big numbers using place value
- Writing Large Numbers - interactive test, some multiple choice questions and some where students must enter the correct numbers
site for teachers | PowerPoint show | Acrobat document | Word document | whiteboard resource | sound | video format | interactive lesson | a quiz | lesson plan | to print