Describe properties of plane figures (such as circles, triangles, squares and rectangles) and solid shapes (such as spheres, cubes and cylinders). (0306.4.1)
Links verified on 12/26/2014
- Anglemania - (3-5) describe triangles using appropriate geometric vocabulary
- Comparing Plane Figures to Solid Figures -Compare the objects defining a plane figure verses a solid figure.
- Plane Figures A Two-dimensional figure drawn on a flat surface is known as plane geometry.
- Plane Figure Quiz - Self check quiz with hints if make wrong choice.
- Plane Figure Quiz -Find the plane shape shown on the solid.
- Polygons and Non-Polygons - drag polygons into one bin and anything that is not a polygon into another bin
- Properties of Plane Figures - Understanding the properties of plane figures.
- Shape, Space and Measure - activities, quizzes and more
- Triangle Identification - type of triangle - given its angles
- Triangle Identification - type of triangle - given its number of sides
site for teachers | PowerPoint show | Acrobat document | Word document | whiteboard resource | sound | video format | interactive lesson | a quiz | lesson plan | to print