4th Grade Add or Subtract Fractions
Add and subtract proper fractions with like and unlike denominators and simplify the answer. (SPI 0406.2.8)
Links verified on 11/7/2011
- Adding and Subtracting Fractions - a game to practice this skill
- Adding Fractions, Different Denominators - explanation, a practice area, and a quiz designed as a game
- Adding Fractions, Like Denominators - explanation, a practice area, and a quiz designed as a game
- Add Fractions, Subtract Fractions - to see the answer, pass your cursor over the colored block
- Adding and Subtracting Fractions - four page lesson including examples and problems
- Adding and Subtracting Fractions and Mixed Numbers - explanation qwith large number of examples
- Adding and Subtracting Fractions Game - interactive board game for practricing the skill of adding and subtracting fractions
- Adding and Subtracting Fractions Worksheets - Worksheets for practicing addition and subtraction of fractions. Includes adding and subtracting fractions with the same denominator (easy) and addition with unlike denominators (harder). Over a dozen worksheets in .pdf format are available.
- Identify the Gems for Each Store and Ship the Order - determine which gems are equivalent to the ones wanted by each store and then ship the order (check to see if you were right)
- Maggie's Farm - keep up with how many apples are sold and how much money was made
- Old Egyptian Math Cats Fractions - Add fractions like a true Old Egyptian Math Cat!
- Organize the Wrenches - wrenches of various sizes must be placed in order from smallest to largest
- Shade - Shade the figure to match the equivalent fraction
- Simple Fractions - An instructional site that reviews terms, factoring, reducing, addition and subtraction of fractions
- Tony's Fraction Pizza Shop - great interactive game on fractions.
- Visual Fractions - Review on identifying, renaming, comparing, addition and subtraction - online quizzes follow lessons
site for teachers |
PowerPoint show |
Acrobat document |
Word document |
whiteboard resource |
video format |
interactive lesson |
a quiz |
lesson plan |
Internet4classrooms is a collaborative effort by
Susan Brooks and Bill Byles.