Solve problems involving rate/time/distance (i.e., d = rt).SPI 0806.1.1
Links verified on 1/29/2010
- Distance = Rate X Time - Click on New Problem and continue to click next step to see how to solve the problem. The next time through try to determine what the next step woujld be before you click on the next step button.
- Distance-Rate-Time, Conversions, and Bullfighting - [NCCTM lesson plan] use the distance equation to make calculations, as well as use proportions to make conversions
- Distance, Rate, and Time - explanation with several examples from Ask Dr. Math
- Distance Rate and Time Word Problems - [4 page document] Ten DRT word problems on two pages to print for your students - answers are on pages 3 and 4
- Distance Word Problems - two pages of explanation and examples from Purple Math
- Fly By Math - Distance-Rate-Time Problems in Air Traffic Control designed for grades 5-9 - five separate problems each with associated handouts and videos and
- Line Up With Math - Math based decisions in Air Traffic Control designed for grades 5-9 - This site has an overview, an interactive air traffic simulator and six problems and
- Practice Problems - Try a workout of 10 problems. If you don't get at least 8 correct on your first attempt, review "In Depth" and try again.
- Problem Solving: Distance, Rate, Time - This page contains an interactive applet to help students better understand the link between the visual and graphical approaches to the time, rate, distance problem and its algebraic solution.
- Rate - Understand that rate compares two quantities of different kinds of units and learn how to express rates as unit rates. Work through the lesson, experiment with the interactive figure and then answer ten questions. [caution: do not submit until you have selected answers to all of the questions] and
- Rate and Average Rate of Speed - explanation and examples
- Ratios and Proportions - Distance, rate and time - (This is a 3 step lesson followed by a workout.)
- Understanding Distance, Speed, and Time Relationships Using Simulation Software - a software simulation of two runners along a track - Students can control the speeds and starting points of the runners, watch the race, and examine a graph of the time-versus-distance relationship.
- Vehicle Stopping Distance And Time - use data to reach conclusions - use their Vehicle Stopping Distance Calculator to do actual model calculations
- Word Problems: Distance (d = rt) - explanation with diagrams and a table followed by two practice problems with hints available and two multiple choice problems and