Create a graphic organizer to illustrate and describe the basic parts of a wave 0707.11.5
Links verified 12/14/2010
- The Anatomy of a Wave - from the chapter on Properties of Waves at the Physics Classroom
- Basic Electromagnetic Wave Properties - this java applet lets students change wavelength, frequency or amplitude of electromagnetic waves, thus changing the color of the radiation. or
- Electromagnetic Spectrum - In this applet, you can click on the wavelength/frequency scale and change the wavelength and frequency by dragging the mouse or by using the arrow keys on the keyboard. Holding the shift key down while pressing the left or right arrow keys changes the wavelength by a factor of 10. or
- Frequency, Wavelength, and Amplitude - from a physics tutoring site
- Graphic Organizers
- Concept Maps Explained - Concept maps and story webs are visual ways to structure ideas. (sample included
- Education World Templates - seventeen graphic organizers to download and print or edit
- Five main types of organizers - links showing examples of many types
- Graphic Organizer Links - links to a large number of graphic organizers provided by Vermilion Parish School Board in Abbeville, LA - Second page of links from the same school system
- Graphic Organizer Templates - Use these Graphic Organizer templates with your class using a given story.
- Graphic Organizers - from Enchanted Learning
- Graphic Organizers from Education Place - 38 graphic organizers to print, all in pdf format
- Holt Interactive Graphic Organizers - Three dozen different templates are available at this site. Click on a graphic organizer to download a PDF of it. Once you've downloaded an organizer, type your comments and print it.
- Index of Graphic Organizers - from Inspiration
- Instructions on how to use Excel to create a graphic organizer
- Interactive Graphic Organizers Sampler - This series of thinking tools covers a range of activities. These tools let you actively construct, examine, and modify your ideas. Currently seven of the planned seventeen thinking tools are available; look for the titles in green on the left.
- Teaching Tips: Graphic Organizers - A list of links from eMINTS and The Curators of the University of Missouri
- Text 2 Mind Map - a web application that converts texts to mind maps – Enter a structured list of words or sentences and Text2Mind Map will interpret it and make a mind map out of them that you can print.
- Using Graphic Organizers - Youthlearn
- Venn Diagram, 2 Circles - This interactive tool allows students to create Venn Diagrams that contain two overlapping circles, enabling them to organize their information logically. Student Interactive from Read/Write/Think
- Introduction to Waves - a multi-part lesson from the BBC
- Ocean Waves - This is a real-time 3D wave simulator which demonstrates the connection between wind speed and ocean particle motion depth. The student can modify the properties of an ocean wave and see the effect from any perspective.
- The Nature of Waves - a 36 slide show with excellent images and a fairly complete discussion of the basic parts of a wave as well as other wave properties
- Parts of a Wave - the wave and its parts are discussed here, including a nice java applet which allows your students to change wave frequency
- Properties of a Wave - from the Physics Classroom
- Properties of Waves - a 17 slide show on the basic properties of waves
- Wave Addition - Experiment with how different wavelengths combine to produce a resultant wave.
site for teachers | PowerPoint show | Acrobat document | Word document | whiteboard resource | sound | video format | interactive lesson | a quiz | lesson plan | to print