Collect and organize data using observations, surveys, and experiments 0306.5.1
Links verified on 4/9/2013
- Coin Flip - this coin flipper builds a column graph one flip at time - let your students see the progression as data is generated and collected [works best in Internet Explorer]
- Coin Toss - toss enough coins to make a prediction about probability (maximum number of tosses 1000, but you can keep tossing to get a larger data set)
- Data Picking - Students collect data, enter tally marks or numbers and then select which graph is appropriate.
- Every Breath You Take - Students estimate, experiment, and display real-life data. Students use the number of breaths taken during a specified time period for this exploration.
- Ken White's Coin Flipping Page - select the type of coin to flip and then enter a number of times to flip
site for teachers | PowerPoint show | Acrobat document | Word document | whiteboard resource | sound | video format | interactive lesson | a quiz | lesson plan | to print