Collect and Organize Data
Collect and organize data using observations, surveys, and experiments 0306.5.1
Links verified on 12/26/2014
- Coin Flip - this coin flipper builds a column graph one flip at time - let your students see the progression as data is generated and collected [works best in Internet Explorer]
- Coin Toss - toss enough coins to make a prediction about probability (maximum number of tosses 1000, but you can keep tossing to get a larger data set)
- Data Picking - Students collect data, enter tally marks or numbers and then select which graph is appropriate.
- Every Breath You Take - Students estimate, experiment, and display real-life data. Students use the number of breaths taken during a specified time period for this exploration.
- Ken White's Coin Flipping Page - select the type of coin to flip and then enter a number of times to flip
site for teachers |
PowerPoint show |
Acrobat document |
Word document |
whiteboard resource |
video format |
interactive lesson |
a quiz |
lesson plan |
Internet4classrooms is a collaborative effort by
Susan Brooks and Bill Byles.