Select the appropriate measure of center to describe a data set. 0606.5.11
Links verified on 7/18/2014
- Common Measures of Center - definitions and procedures.
- Comparing Properties of the Mean and the Median through the use of Technology
- Exploring Histograms - The interactive data analysis tool in this investigation allows students to create their own sets of data and examine how various statistical functions such as mean, median, and standard deviation depend on the choice of data.
- Interactive Histogram - use pre-selected data sets or have your students enter their own data
- Mean, Median, and Mode Calculator - enter numbers separated by comma and then calculate
- Measures of Center - Lesson and practice.
- Medians - understand and apply the concepts of median and mean.
- Party Comedian - find and use the median of a set of data.
- Party Mode - find and use the mode of a set of data.
- Use appropriate measure of center and spread when outliers are not present - In this video lesson you will learn to use the appropriate measure of center and measure of spread by analyzing data.