Select the appropriate measure of center to describe a data set. 0606.5.11
Links verified on 1/03/2010
- Comparing Properties of the Mean and the Median through the use of Technology
- Exploring Histograms - The interactive data analysis tool in this investigation allows students to create their own sets of data and examine how various statistical functions such as mean, median, and standard deviation depend on the choice of data.
- Interactive Histogram - use pre-selected data sets or have your students enter their own data
- Mean, Median, and Mode Calculator - enter numbers separated by comma and then calculate
- Median - Explore median as the middle value of an ordered data set. Learn how to calculate and interpret mean values. Work through the lesson, experiment with the interactive figure and then answer five questions. [caution: do not submit until you have selected answers to all of the questions] and
- Medians - understand and apply the concepts of median and mean.
- Party Comedian - find and use the median of a set of data.
- Party Mode - find and use the mode of a set of data.