Match the spoken, written, concrete (including base ten blocks), and pictorial representations of decimals. (0406.1.8)
Links verified on 12/28/2015
- Base 10 - build blocks to create numbers with tens and ones - reinforces tally marks, number line, base ten blocks, and allows hundred blocks
- Base 10 Blocks - virtual manipulative
- Decimals of the Caribbean - a decimal game which asks you to match decimals stated in words and numbers
- Exploring Whole Decimal Numbers - using base 10 blocks
- Hand Made Manipulatives - instructions for a variety of manipulatives
- Pattern Blocks Program - exploring fractions with shapes - use tools to solve a variety of problems
- Thinking Blocks - (an engaging, interactive math tool to help students learn how to solve multi step word problems; addition & subtraction, multiplication & division, and ratio & proportion) Thinking Blocks encourages students to look beyond the surface to discover the concepts and relationships that are at the core of every math problem.
- Using Base Ten Blocks to "See" Algorithms - [5 pages] The activity is designed to make connectionsbetween the use of manipulatives and the development of algorithms.
site for teachers | PowerPoint show | Acrobat document | Word document | whiteboard resource | sound | video format | interactive lesson | a quiz | lesson plan | to print