Determine whether the theme is stated or implied within a passage. SPI 0501.8.6
Links verified on 3/28/2012
- 101 Common Book Themes - examples of themes
- Inferring Supporting Details - Select the supporting detail implied in each passage
- Main Idea and Supporting Details - Quia quiz [You must enter a name, but you can make one up]
- Power Writing for Paragraphs - simple explanation on writing supporting details and activity
- Setting Plot and Theme - [designed for grade 3] lesson and quiz
- Thank You Ma'am Langston Hughes - Lesson plan
- Theme - Lesson plan; what is the lesson, moral, or message that the author feels that you should learn by reading this story?
- Themes, Patterns, and Symbols - Lesson plan; can adapt this plan with any book.
- Writing supporting details - [designed for grade 6] Read each main idea sentence. Write at least three supporting details
site for teachers | PowerPoint show | Acrobat document | Word document | whiteboard resource | sound | video format | interactive lesson | a quiz | lesson plan | to print