Identify the kind(s) of conflict present in a literary plot (i.e., person vs. person, person vs. self, person vs. environment, person vs. technology). SPI 0601.8.5
Links verified on 6/20/2014
- Conflict - Learn about the different types of conflicts.
- Conflict - Using a conflict theme to teach literature and life skills
- Conflict - very good short article on the differences between internal and external conflict
- Conflict - this Wikipedia article describes seven types of conflict in literature
- Conflict and Tension - brief description of various types of conflict
- Conflict is the essence of Drama - article with the different types of conflict
- Developing Conflict - article about the different kinds of conflict in a fictional story
- The Great Kapok Tree: Teaching About Conflict in Literature - lesson plan from Education World for grades 6-8
- Literature - Conflict - Decide which kind of conflict each item describes quiz with ten multiple-choice questions [you can take the quiz without entering an email address]
- Literature Terms: Conflict - this page points out the difference between internal and external conflict
- Plot Structure: A Literary Elements Mini-Lesson - includes a a tool for mapping plot structure, which allows readers to visualize the key features of stories.
- The Three Master Recipes of Fiction - three different types of conflict in fiction
site for teachers | PowerPoint show | Acrobat document | Word document | whiteboard resource | sound | video format | interactive lesson | a quiz | lesson plan | to print