Create a food web that illustrates the energy relationships between plants and animals and the key issues or assumptions found in the model 0407.3.1
Links verified 10/25/2010
- Create a Food Web - choose from four webs, select animals or plants to populate the food web
- Endangered Ecosystems - Investigate some of the animals in a Mexican ecosystem. Figure out who are the predators and who are the prey and build your own food web.
- Energy and Ecosystems - lesson plan from Annenberg
- Energy Pyramid - an alternate way to look at food chains
- Experiment with a Pond Food Web - change various population sizes to see what affect the change has
- Food Chain - National Geographic for Kids has a featured Quick Flick from Brain Pop on the subject.
- Food Chain Game - drag the parts of the food chain to the right place
- Food Chains - an interactive site from the BBC
- Food Chains and Food Webs - What's for dinner? from Enchanted Learning
- Food Chains and Webs - Information regarding population size on food webs is presented here. After learning about food webs, select the link named "create a possible food web" at the bottom of the page. Click and drag to create your own food web.
- Forest Food Webs - lesson plan from Discovery Education
- Fun with Food Webs - three webs are available; arctic, meadow, and pond - click and drag elements into place
- Habitats - investigate food chains with this interactive site from the BBC
- Interdependence and Adaptation - [designed for 5th and 6th grade] Use this BBC interactive site to review living things, then take a quiz about interdependence and the food web
- Make Your Own Food Web - an interactive food web from Scholastic
- Predator/Prey Relationship - an interactive investigation from McGraw Hill
- Welcome to Biology 2002 - This college level PowerPoint show has some great images. Save the show, throw out the college content and modify the show for your classroom.
- Working on the Food Chain - interactive site
site for teachers | PowerPoint show | Acrobat document | Word document | whiteboard resource | sound | video format | interactive lesson | a quiz | lesson plan | to print