Distinguish between living and non-living things. SPI 0307.2.1
Links verified 12/26/2014
- Living vs Non-Living Quiz - This quiz is based on the information about the six characteristics of living things. For each of the following determine if it is a living or a non-living organism. Clicking on the answer allows you to check your answers. Good luck!
- Living and Nonliving - [designed for K-2 Ohio standards] A lesson plan that is five activities in one inquiry [this expired page is from the Internet Archive known as the Wayback Machine]
- Living or Non-Living? - [designed for K-1 UK standards] use this BBC quiz to classify things as animal or non living
- Find the Living things - [designed for 1-2 UK standards] interactive quiz from the BBC
- What is a Living Thing, and How Does a Living Thing Respond to Its Environment? - [Unit Overview - 6 lessons] - In this unit students are given time to think about and discuss the fundamental question, "What is a Living Thing?" They are also introduced to a process for planning science investigations on the topic of how different living things interact with their environment.
- Worksheet for classifying living and non living things [this expired page is from the Internet Archive known as the Wayback Machine]
site for teachers | PowerPoint show | Acrobat document | Word document | whiteboard resource | sound | video format | interactive lesson | a quiz | lesson plan | to print