Compare and contrast the basic structures and functions of plant and animal cells 0507.1.2
Links verified 11/2/2010
- Animal and Plant Cells - first select Similarities and then select Differences from the index on the left at this page.
- Cell Functions - this Cancer.gov site includes a very good drawing of the stages of mitosis
- Cell Structure - includes a fairly complex drawing of cell structures
- Cell Parts - introduction followed by a fill in the blank quiz
- Cells for Kids - large list of links to use in teaching about cells
- Comparing plant and animal cells - Teachnology has a worksheet to help your students distinguish between the cells
- Comparison Of Plant and Animal Cells
- Comparison of Plant and Animal Cells - 26 slides including a Venn diagram for comparing
- Mixed Up Cells - interactive lesson which requires you to classify the mixed up cells
- Plant and Animal Cell - a sheet to print with side by side labeled cells
- Plant and Animal Cells - This real-time 3D model allows the user to inspect the structures of both plant and animal cells. The student is able to explore the entire cell from any angle as well as drill down to individual organelles of the cell for more information and a better view.
- Plant and Animal Cells Worksheet - lab activity to be used to make drawings of structures seen in a microscope
- Plant and Animal Worksheets - links to several printables at Teach-nology
site for teachers | PowerPoint show | Acrobat document | Word document | whiteboard resource | sound | video format | interactive lesson | a quiz | lesson plan | to print