Use sound blending of each separately spoken phoneme to make meaningful words. 0101.1.11
Links verified on 9/30/2010
- Blending words together - Blender says word and student must choose the beginning sounds and ending sounds separately to be blended together. This site is from BBC and makes it a bit difficult for some children to understand the words.
- Blending words together- Blending Bowl - blend beginning sounds and ending sounds together to produce the word. See if your student can figure out the word before the two collide!
- Handwriting For Kids - Practice sheets for K and 1st grade writing. Sheets include single letters, letter blends, common words such as days of the week, months of the year,number words, color words and much, much more!
- Poem Pack - Ten colorful poems with animation, audio and activities - featuring Daisy the snail, the toad and the goat, and friends. Read it, Hear it, search for sounds, and find words concentrating on vowel blends.
- Practice with Initial Consonant Blends - matching exercise with initial consonant blends
- See 'N Spell - Students click and drag letters into the box to spell the words that correspond to the pictures. A very good activity with many skills such as plurals, long vowels, short vowels, blends and digraphs.
- Two Letter Ending Consonant Blends - multiple-choice exercise
site for teachers | PowerPoint show | Acrobat document | Word document | whiteboard resource | sound | video format | interactive lesson | a quiz | lesson plan | to print