Recognize and differentiate between simple and compound sentences. 0601.1.11
Links verified on 9/4/2012
- Compound and Complex Sentences - Combine simple sentences to make complex, compound, or complex-compound sentences. Then click the submit button to compare your answers to sample answers.
- Compound and Complex Sentences - a Quia quiz for review using the Battleship format
- Make a Compound Sentence Game - [Skillwise game] Can you make the compound sentence? [Click on the image of the game to begin.]
- Make a Sentence Game - [Skillwise game] Can you make thesentence? [Click on the image of the game to begin.]
- Making Sentences - [Skillwise worksheet] Students move words to make a sentence. This is an actual cut and paste activity, using actual scissors
- Parts of the Sentence - Compound/Complex Sentences - five sets of sentences to classify, followed by answers just below the sentences - each set contains five sentences [not interactive]
- Putting Sentences Together - [Skillwise worksheet]
- Quiz on Sentence Types - select the option that best describes that sentence
- Rearranging Jumbled Words to Make Sentences - [Skillwise worksheet] exercise in writing complete sentences
- Review: Sentence Structure - ten question multiple-choice quiz
- Sentence Definitions: Simple-Compound-Complex - In this game choose the correct term or punctuation mark that fits in the sentence that deals with simple, compound, or complex sentences.
- Sentence Sort - spin and identify the type of sentence shown to move the fox along a game board
- Sentence Structure Practice Game - Practice identifying simple, compound, complex, and compound/complex sentences. [Quia quiz in Rags to Riches format]
- Sentences: Simple, Compound or Complex - explanation of the three types of sentences using color codes to identify components
- Simple, Compound, or Complex - online quiz - Identify the sentences
- Simple, Compound, & Complex Sentences - Read each of the following fifteen sentences and identify them as simple, compound, or complex.
- Simple, Compound, Complex and Compound-Complex Sentences in Your Writing - [12 slides] use this PowerPoint show to introduce or review the topic
- Types of Sentences: Simple, Compound, Complex, and Compound-Complex - one page handout in .pdf format
- Using Compound Sentences - [Skillwise game] Can you make a compound sentence? [Click on the image of the game to begin.]
- Writing Compound Sentences - [Skillwise factsheet] how to write compound sentences
site for teachers | PowerPoint show | Acrobat document | Word document | whiteboard resource | sound | video format | interactive lesson | a quiz | lesson plan | to print