Recognize and differentiate among simple, compound, and complex sentences. 0701.1.11
Links verified on 5/20/2014
- Compound and Complex Sentences - Combine simple sentences to make complex, compound, or complex-compound sentences. Then click the submit button to compare your answers to sample answers.
- Compound and Complex Sentences - a Quia quiz for review using the Battleship format
- Identifying Simple, Compound, and Complex Sentences - ten question multiple-choice quiz
- Parts of the Sentence - Compound/Complex Sentences - five sets of sentences to classify, followed by answers just below the sentences - each set contains five sentences [not interactive]
- 'Putting sentences together' worksheets - worksheets to print
- Quiz on Sentence Types - select the option that best describes that sentence
- Review: Sentence Structure - ten question multiple-choice quiz [This expired link is available through the Wayback Machine Internet Archive. If the page doesn't load quickly click on Impatient? at the bottom right of the page.]
- Sentence Sort - spin and identify the type of sentence shown to move the fox along a game board
- Sentence Definitions: Simple-Compound-Complex - In this game choose the correct term or punctuation mark that fits in the sentence that deals with simple, compound, or complex sentences.
- Sentence Structure Practice Game - Practice identifying simple, compound, complex, and compound/complex sentences. [Quia quiz in Rags to Riches format]
- Sentences: Simple, Compound or Complex - explanation of the three types of sentences using color codes to identify components
- Simple, Compound, & Complex Sentences - Read each of the following fifteen sentences and identify them as simple, compound, or complex.
- Simple, Compound, or Complex - online quiz - Identify the sentences
- Simple, Compound, Complex and Compound-Complex Sentences in Your Writing - [12 slides] use this PowerPoint show to introduce or review the topic
- Types of Sentences: Simple, Compound, Complex, and Compound-Complex - one page handout in .pdf format