Identify and use adjectives (i.e., descriptive, comparative, superlative), nouns (i.e., common and proper, singular and plural, possessive), pronouns (i.e., substitution for nouns), and verbs (i.e., past and present tense, action and linking, regular and irregular, subject-verb agreement) correctly. 0201.1.1
Links verified on 12/28/2014
- Regular Comparative and Superlative - select the correct answer
- Noun Dunk - Classify words as common nouns, proper nouns or not a noun. Score points for correct answers.
- Irregular Plurals - match the related words, singular to plural [concentration style game]
- Irregular Plurals - match related words, oes, os
- Possessive Nouns - Identify the possessive noun in each sentence. If the noun is singular, click in the blank beside the S. If it is plural, click in the blank beside the P.
- Possessive Nouns - Print this page and then underline the possessive noun in each sentence. Then tell whether it's singular or plural.
- Possessive Nouns - Interactive lesson to explain the concept and then practice it. As the lesson goes along it gets harder and harder, may wish to stop before the end.
- Power Proofreading - Choose 2nd grade then select; Ad for a Clubhouse Kit, TV Program Guide, Meet the Authors, Memo to the Staff, Nick's Mobile Parts, or any one of the mixed practice exercises.
- Plural Nouns - add s or es
- r-controlled Words 1 - Find the r-controlled words that match the pictures.
- r-controlled Words 2 - Find the r-controlled words that match the pictures.
- Correct Tense - type the correct tense of the verb in the sentence
- Power Proofreading - Choose 2nd grade then select; Play-by-Play Sports, Moose on the Loose, On -the-Spot News, Mystery Hour, The Daddy Awards, Bubbles Toy Shop, Letter to Ross and Rosa, or any one of the mixed practice exercises.
- Starship English: Blast the Rocket - Star will give the present tense of a word. You click on the correct spelling for the past tense of that word.
- Verb Endings - Drag and drop the verbs into the correct root columns
- Capitalization - type the correct capital letter of the words in a sentence
- Capitalization and punctuation - find the correct sentence in this quiz.
- Find the correct sentence - choose sentence with correct capitalization and punctuation
- Power Proofreading - Choose 2nd grade then select; E-mail to HME-TV Directors, Letter to Ms. Lily, or any one of the mixed practice exercises.
- Punctuation - find the correct punctuation mark to end the sentence
- Sentence Clubhouse - select type of sentences and insert correct punctuation.
- Special Names - find the correct capitalization of proper nouns