7th Grade - Capitalization
Use capitalization correctly (e.g., titles, friendly and business letters, quotations, proper adjectives). 0701.1.3
Links verified on 5/19/2014
- Capitalizing Correctly - Capitalization: When in doubt, leave it out
- Capitalization - from the Guide of Grammar
- Capitalization - Learn to write English clearly and correctly
- Capitalization Rules - from the Blue Book of Grammar
- Capitalization Rules - rules, and exceptions to them
- The Importance of Punctuation - Rewrite each sentence, punctuating it differently. (You may have to capitalize letters, but don't change any of the words.) Can you think of more than one way to change some of the sentences?
- A Little Help with Capitals - from Purdue's Online Writing Lab (OWL)
- Power Proofreading - Choose 7th grade then select; Letter to Ms. Flack, or any one of the mixed practice exercises.
- Punctuating Quotations - Copy the sentence, and provide the missing punctuation.
- Quotation Marks: How to Use Them - According to Purdue's OWL, "never put quotes in your paper simply because your teacher says, 'You must use quotes.'" [This expired link is available through the Wayback Machine Internet Archive. If the page doesn't load quickly click on Impatient? at the bottom right of the page.]
- Rules for Capitalization in Titles - Daily writing tips
- Which Punctuation Mark? - Copy the sentence, and provide the missing punctuation.
Internet4classrooms is a collaborative effort by
Susan Brooks and Bill Byles.