Use capitalization correctly (e.g., titles, business letters, quotations, proper nouns and adjectives). 0801.1.3
Links verified on 5/3/2010
- Business English at Work: Capitalization - [35 slides] extensive explanation of capitalization rules with examples. This show could be used as part of a directed teaching lesson.
- Capital Letters - nine multiple choice questions, decide which choice is capitalized correctly
- Capitalization - Quia quiz
- Capitalization - quiz
- Capitalization - [designed for grade 7] ten multiple-choice questions; after completion the graded page will explain the reason for each answer
- Capitalization - 19 multiple choice questions plus a bonus question
- Capitalization - 11 sentences to edit for correct capitalization
- Capitalization and End Punctuation in Sentences - worksheet to print for your students, answer key on page 2
- Capitalization Quiz - twelve sentences, decide if they are capitalized correctly or not
- Capitalization Quiz - 11 multiple choice questions from the Blue Book of Grammar
- Capitalization Quiz - Ten sentences have been written in all lowercase letters. Rewrite each sentence using uppercase letters where necessary.
- Capitalization Quiz - Choose whether the word missing should be capitalized or not.
- Capitalization 1 Quiz - [Quia quiz] Read each sentence carefully. Look for an error in capitalization. Choose the answer that shows the correction that needs to be made. [ten multiple choice questions]
- Capitalization and Punctuation: Capital Letters Exercise - Click on the "paragraph" button and a paragraph without capitalization will appear in the text area. Make whatever corrections are necessary to the text before clicking on the "answer" button to compare your corrections to the computer's version of this paragraph.
- Capitalization and Punctuation: Capital Letters Quiz - [5 sentences to rewrite] In the space provided after each sentence, rewrite each word that requires capitalization. Separate your rewritten words with commas.
- Capitalization and Punctuation Practice Quiz - 30 multiple choice questions
- Capitalization Rules Worksheets [circle each incorrectly used lowercase or capital letter] - Worksheet 1 | Worksheet 2 | Worksheet 3
- Capitalization Worksheets - to print
- Capitalization Worksheets from Georgia Southern University - Worksheet 1 | Worksheet 2 | Worksheet 3
- Exercise in Capitalization - eighty spaces, each space is preceded by an "opportunity for error" in capitalization
- Using Correct Capitalization and Punctuation - Self Test 1 - fifteen multiple-choice questions
site for teachers | PowerPoint show | Acrobat document | Word document | whiteboard resource | sound | video format | interactive lesson | a quiz | lesson plan | to print
Internet4classrooms is a collaborative effort by
Susan Brooks and Bill Byles.