Understand sequence of events from text. 0501.6.5
Links verified on 3/13/2012
- Brushing your teeth - put the instructions in order
- Carving a Pumpkin - put the instructions in order
- Chronological Order - interactive site using nonfiction selection.
- How To Build A Snowman - [designed for grade 4] write a coherent informational report describing the sequential steps of how to build a snowman.
- I Can Wash Dishes - The pictures on this sheet are supposed to tell a story but they are in the wrong order.
- Making Homemade Pizza - put the instructions in order
- Making Toast - put the instructions in order
- Making a Peanut Butter and Jelly Sandwich - put the instructions in order
- Order of Events Worksheets - [scroll past their membership information] fiction and non-fiction selections.
- Planting flowers - put the instructions in order
- Practice with Explaining a Process - a lab activity to practice putting the steps of a process in order
- Probable Passage Matrix - Fill out this form to put your story in order.
- Reading Exercises - comprehension, fill in and sequencing
- Reading Selection - Answer the questions to sequence the events.
- Sequence of Events - arrange events in chronological order.
- Sequence the Story - drag the pictures in the correct order - Students can have the story read to them if necessary.
- Sentence Order in Paragraphs - lesson and practice
- Sequencing - large list of sequencing activities
- Sequencing Events - "Click on the picture on the right and read the story. When you finish reading the story, answer the questions below."
- Sequencing Events - Make tea through this interactive site.
- Sequencing Events - Practice your cooking skills and put the steps in order.
- Sequence It!- using fairy tales to be read on online, students sequence the events they read about; lesson plan; can adapt this by selecting different fairy tales.
- Sequencing Story - Put these sentences in order to create a story.
- Sentence Sequencing - put the following sentences into order to make a paragraph.
- Sequencing - Making a Snowman - put text in the correct order
- Sequencing - Washing Your Hair - put text in the correct order
- Sequencing Events of a Story Activities - a collection of resources at Internet4Classrooms
- Story Sequence with Word - lesson plan - the description contains a link to a Word document to download - you can insert your own stories in the boxes and let your students place them in correct sequence
- Story Shackles (Linking Students To Written Text) - lesson plan - Story Shackles is an imaginative and stimulating way for students to acquire the ability to retell events of a story or text, sequence the action or happenings in a story, or to simply summarize the plot, main ideas with supporting details, or general information of a story or text
- Storygram - Fill out these two pages to help students identify story elements and sequencing
- Washing Your Hair - put the instructions in order
site for teachers | PowerPoint show | Acrobat document | Word document | whiteboard resource | sound | video format | interactive lesson | a quiz | lesson plan | to print