Use previously learned strategies to comprehend informational texts (e.g., formulating questions before, during, and after reading; visualize, predict, identify the writer's purpose). 0601.6.1
Links verified on 6/16/2010
- Inflation in Russia - read and answer questions [This expired page is from the Internet Archive known as the Wayback Machine.]
- Looking for the Fine Print - students read advertisements to practice reading critically
- News Stories with Comprehension Quizzes [from the BBC] - (1) White loafers and passport control, (2) Hungry ferret causes rail scare, (3) Dyslexic boy's site wins top award, (4) Otters head for towns and cities, (5) Demolition fears after city blaze.
- Read a Contract - and answer questions [This expired page is from the Internet Archive known as the Wayback Machine.]
- Reading for a Purpose - brief site addressing the purposes for reading.
- Reading Comprehension - free reading comprehension worksheets for teachers and parents - includes original stories, poems, essays, and articles
- Reading Comprehension stories - Interactive quizzes online for 5 stories - Each text is followed by a grammar exercise and summary writing exercise.
- Reading Comprehension Quiz - ten-question multiple-choice quiz
- Reading Exercises - Comprehension, Fill in and Sequencing
- Reading Strategies - Click on any of the reading strategies below to access ideas and resources for using this strategy in your classroom.
- FCAT Sample Reading Test -  sample questions and test taking tips
- FCAT Sample Answer Book - 
- Sixth Grade Practice Reading Test - Two stories to read, eight questions to answer for each story. This online test could be printed.
- Sixth Grade Reading - Read the introduction and the passage that follows. Then read each question and mark the circle next to the correct answer. [this test released by Texas]
- FCAT 6th Grade Reading - 45 questions 7 reading passages - Test book with answers
- Grade Six English/Language Arts - The reading portion of this test comprises part of the 114 multiple-choice questions - the exam was released by California in 2008
- MCT2 Grade Six Language Arts [Reading and Writing] - [Mississippi: 2009] 80 questions || answer key |-| MCT2 for 2008 - 80 questions || answer key
- Virginia SOL Grade 6 Reading Test - Spring 2008 - 45 questions with answers || Spring 2007 - 45 questions with answer
- Texas end-of-year reading test from 2003
- Texas end-of-year reading test from 2004
site for teachers | PowerPoint show | Acrobat document | Word document | whiteboard resource | sound | video format | interactive lesson | a quiz | lesson plan | to print