Build, draw, and work with 2- and 3-dimensional figures by means of orthogonal views, projective views, and/or nets. 0806.4.8
Links verified on 10/16/2014
- 3-D Object Viewer - Students may explore a variety of 3-D objects and their accompanying 2-D views. or
- Building Houses with Side View - student constructs a block figure (dynamic, perspective drawing) to match (10 different figures) or
- Coloring 3-D sides - [UK spelling on this site] Find the red sides shown in a series of 2-D drawings and click on the right face of the 3-D model to color it red. 20 questions or
- Coloring 2-D sides - Use the colored portion of the 3-D object to color the correct side of the 2-D drawing. or
- Cube - Find out which colors will be on opposite faces of a cube whose faces are shown unfolded.
- Guess the View - Students are given a 3-D view of an object, and then given a 2-D view of the object. Students must choose which of 6 views is being displayed from a list. and
- Plot Plans and Silhouettes - from Shape and Space in Geometry - the student task is to come up with plot plans that could match the given silhouettes. Background information is available at another page.
- Quick Images - In the following Interactive Activity, you'll stretch both your visualization and drawing muscles. (click on Show Shape to begin the activity)
- Rotating Houses - Students are presented with a 3-D figure created with blocks that can be rotated and flipped using a mouse. The figure must be rotated until it matches a 2-D representation of one of the views. or