Identify the basic components of a world map (i.e., compass rose, map key, scale, latitude and longitude lines, continents, and oceans). 6.3.1
Links verified 3/22/2011
- Are We There Yet? - students answer ten questions by reading information from maps
- Go to Enchanted Learning Software's Search page and enter latitude and longitude. You will find dozens of printable pages.
- Find your Longitude - Interactive game
- Label the Latitude and Longitude - a world map from Enchanted Learning ( answers )
- Latitude and Longitude - Introduction
- Latitude and longitude - Quiz
- Latitude and Longitude Printout Glossary - to be used with a world map
- Look up the latitude and longitude of states in the U.S.
- Map and Globe Quiz - Test your knowledge on identifying the parts of a map and a globe.
- A Map For All Reasons - students identify the function of various parts of a map
- Map Skills Quiz - quiz to test knowledge of reading maps
- USA Latitude and Longitude Activity - from Enchanted Learning
- What do Maps Show - Several activities are presented to assist in teaching the concepts of reading maps.
- What's On a Map? - eight questions about using various parts of a map
- World Latitude and Longitude Outline Map - from Enchanted Learning
- World map to use in latitude & longitude study - World Latitude and Longitude Activity to go with the map
site for teachers | PowerPoint show | Acrobat document | Word document | whiteboard resource | sound | video format | interactive lesson | a quiz | lesson plan | to print