Sign Up For Our Newsletter
Recognize plot features of fairy tales, folk tales, fables, and myths. SPI 0401.8.1
Links verified on 10/31/2011
- Aesop's Fables - a complete index to the fables
- Alice's Adventures in Wonderland - by Lewis Carroll - A twelve-chapter performance in RealAudio by the Wired for Books Players
- Audio Stories for Children - This site has links to text versions of stories which also include a version read by Chuck Brown. Stories there include: Piggis Play Games, The Tale of Peter Rabbit, Petie's Peanut Butter Pizza, The Tale of the Flopsy Bunnies , The Fantabulous Cumulo-Nimbuli Pump, The Tale of Benjamin Bunny, Rapunzel, Guppy Goop & The Adventure of the Big Bad Fish, The City Zoo, The Emperor's New Clothes, How The Leopard Got His Spots, The Story of Snow White, The Velveteen Rabbit, Cinderella, Jack & The Beanstalk, The Little Mermaid, Shelby the Unique Sheep, Stuttering Stan Takes A Stand and The Light Princess.
- BBC Story Time - Watch and read along to stories featuring all your favorite CBeebies
- Bear's Race with Turtle - Indian myth [This expired link is available through the Wayback Machine Internet Archive. If the page doesn't load quickly click on Impatient? at the bottom right of the page.]
- Fairy Tales from Life - students collaborate on their own original fairy tales - each student decides what kind of experience to write about, composes and revises a fairy tale, and finally presents their story to the rest of the class.
- Folk Tales - [designed for grade 3] learn to recognize the features of folk tales
- Goldilocks and the Three Bears - read story and hear the narrations.
- How Buzzard Got His Clothing - Indian myth [This expired link is available through the Wayback Machine Internet Archive. If the page doesn't load quickly click on Impatient? at the bottom right of the page.]
- Little Animals Activity Center - (4-8 year olds) Audio stories from BBC with interactive participation. This is a British site and the language pronunciation and meanings may seem strange at times.
- Reading Lounge -"Three children's books are animated online, with readings and/or introductions by a variety of players and Spike Lee. Students love to see their favorite Knicks players read aloud to them, and they can also read along with the narrator in the captioned version"
- RIF - online read along stories and songs.
- Story Place - The Children's Digital Library - Visit the preschool library and the elementary library.
- Tweenies Story Time - stories read aloud
site for teachers |
PowerPoint show |
Acrobat document |
Word document |
whiteboard resource |
video format |
interactive lesson |
a quiz |
lesson plan |
Internet4classrooms is a collaborative effort by
Susan Brooks and Bill Byles.
158693322 US 1