Select an investigation that could be used to answer a specific question. SPI 0307.Inq.1
Links verified 1/6/2011
- Dr. Shawn's 10 Easy Steps to Science Fair Success - Although the focus is on science fair projects, you will still get some good guidance on planning a simple investigation.
- Experiment Template - template for recording information when completing a Science experiment
- Introducing the Process of Investigative Science Using Worms - [designed for 3rd grade]
- Reeko's Mad Scientist Lab - experiments sorted by category
- Science Experiments Straight from the Web - a lesson planning article from Education World
- Science Snacks from the Exploratorium - use these miniature versions of some of the most popular exhibits at the Exploratorium to plan simple investigations
- Student Designed Investigations Part 4: Poster Presentations/Science Fair - This unit ends with students deciding on a testable question, designing an investigation, doing the investigation, collecting data and drawing conclusions. Students then create poster presentations of their investigation for a grade level science fair.
site for teachers | PowerPoint show | Acrobat document | Word document | whiteboard resource | sound | video format | interactive lesson | a quiz | lesson plan | to print