Differentiate between needs and wants on a personal and national level. 5.2.1
Links verified 9/17/2014
- Be a Consumer Hero (Caution: This free site is blocked by some filters)
- The Opportunity Cost of a Lifetime - "Economics assumes people do not have the resources do satisfy all of their wants. Therefore, we must make choices about how to allocate those resources." That's a quote from the lesson plan at EconEd Link.
- Needs Vs Wants - from Its My Life by PBS
- Want vs Need: Basic Economics - lesson from Social Studies for Kids, followed by a five-question quiz
- Wants vs. Needs - how to distinguish between the two
site for teachers | PowerPoint show | Acrobat document | Word document | whiteboard resource | sound | video format | interactive lesson | a quiz | lesson plan | to print