Observe, discuss, and draw objects found in the day and night sky 0007.6.2
- As the Earth Turns - Students learn that day and night are caused by the rotation of the Earth.
- Day and Night Experiment - help students understand what makes day and night
- Daytime and Nighttime - What would the sky look like at the given hour of the day?
- Learning the Sky - Big Dipper
- Phases of the Moon - short lesson on phases with several links to follow
- The Night Sky Live - best as a whole class activity - click on an asterisk on the map to see the night sky live from someplace around the world.
- Sky Paths - K-4 students will have the concrete experiences of observing, organizing, comparing, and describing the movement of objects that they observe in the sky.
- What Makes Day and Night - simple explanation
site for teachers | PowerPoint show | Acrobat document | Word document | whiteboard resource | sound | video format | interactive lesson | a quiz | lesson plan | to print