Explain how the relative distance of objects from the earth affects how they appear SPI 0607.6.2
Links verified 7/28/2014
- Examine the vast distances between planets in the solar system - Click the image to see the animation. Use the movie controls to examine the planets.
- Estimating distances to objects in space - How far away are the objects?
- How Can the Little Moon Hide the Giant Sun - classroom activity from NASA involving explanation of eclipses using relative distances
- Planetary Size and Distance Comparison - What is the diameter and relative distance from the sun of each planet
in our solar system?
- Size Comparison - a sequence of models compares larger and larger objects - great pictures
site for teachers | PowerPoint show | Acrobat document | Word document | whiteboard resource | sound | video format | interactive lesson | a quiz | lesson plan | to print