Use science journals to draw and record changes in the moon over a period of time 0207.6.2
Links verified 1/30/2011
- Current Moon Phase Calculator
- Earth and Moon Matchup - phases and other earth/moon terms are in this Quia Quiz
- Earth-Moon-Sun system with Moon phases animation - The Sun is to the right of the Earth and Moon. (The animation is near the bottom of their page)
- Lunar Phases Activities - includes a quiz
- Moon Phase Calendar - shows the moon phases for each day of the current month.
- Moon Phases - Excel workbook to use with interactive whiteboard or projection - let students drag phases to the correct position
- Moon Phase Applet - use this page to see the phases of the moon for an entire year (from 1973 to 2107)
- Moon Phases Java Applet - Select "both" for the point of view and run the simulation to see the cause of moon phases. Stop the animation and use their chart to see the name of the moon phase.
- Moonlight Madness - phases of the moon quiz from Star Child
- The Phases of the Moon - from Enchanted Learning
- Phases of the Moon - short lesson on phases with several links to follow
- Phases of the Moon - This is one of the best animations for explaining moon phases. (from the Science Alberta Foundation)
- Phases of the Moon - from Harcourt School (short, simple, well done)
- Phases of the Moon Activity (from Newton's Apple)
- Phases of the moon from Earth and space - For each phase, examine how the view from Earth is related to the view from space. [produced by Jennifer Loomis, TERC]
- Phases of the Moon Interactive - drag the slider left or right to observe different positions and phases [this expired page is from the Internet Archive known as the Wayback Machine]
- Simulation - This Flash simulation shows earth's rotation and the moons revolution at the same time.
- Virtual Reality Moon Phase Pictures - You can view the phase of the Moon for any date and time [1800-2199 A.D.].
- What Our Moon Looks Like During a Complete Lunar Cycle - from the Astronomy Picture of the Day
- Worksheet to use with Moon Phases - One sheet gives students places to draw and name the phase, the other worksheet asks students to identify positions of the moon and earth in relation to the sun for each of the eight phases
site for teachers | PowerPoint show | Acrobat document | Word document | whiteboard resource | sound | video format | interactive lesson | a quiz | lesson plan | to print