Compare characters, settings, and events within and between stories 0301.3.6
Links verified on 12/24/2014
- Aesop's Fables - Two versions of each story to compare and contrast.
- Character Trading Cards - Fill out the information about a character in a story and create trading cards.
- Character Writing - Select a character to write about and create your own story online
- Compare and Contrast from Scholastic - compare and contrast characters
- Compare and Contrast Map - interactive template tool on creating compare and contrast material.
- Compare and Contrast WebQuest - compare two stories
- Compare and Contrast Activities - a collection of resources at Internet4Classrooms
- Compare and Contrast Lesson Plans - a collection of resources at Internet4Classrooms
- A Fishy Tale: Compare/Contrast - Read the story. Then use it to complete the next page.
- Help Lee Decide - [reading activity] a compare and contrast activity [This expired link is available through the Wayback Machine Internet Archive. If the page doesn't load quickly click on Impatient? at the bottom right of the page.]
- Plot Diagram - The Plot Diagram is an organizational tool focusing on a pyramid or triangular shape, which is used to map the events in a story. This mapping of plot structure allows readers and writers to visualize the key features of stories. Student Interactive from Read/Write/Think
- Practice with Comparison and Contrast - lab activity to find and organize similarities and differences
- Reading Skills Rocket - lesson and activity.
- Setting Quiz - practice identifying settings
- Settings - online lesson and practice quiz
- Story Character Outline - read story then fill out this organizational chart.
- Understanding the Setting of a Story - lesson
- What Should Maria Do? - [reading and writing activity] a compare and contrast activity [This expired link is available through the Wayback Machine Internet Archive. If the page doesn't load quickly click on Impatient? at the bottom right of the page.]
site for teachers | PowerPoint show | Acrobat document | Word document | whiteboard resource | sound | video format | interactive lesson | a quiz | lesson plan | to print