Compare whole numbers, decimals and fractions using the symbols <, >, and = SPI 0506.2.9
Links verified on 12/20/2011
- Comparing Exponential Expressions - select, <, >, or =
- Comparing Fractions - [Skillwise factsheet] Summary of ways of comparing fractions
- Comparing Fractions and Percent - [Skillwise quiz] Enrty level quiz
- Comparing Fractions and Percent - [Skillwise quiz] Level 1 quiz
- Comparing Fractions and Decimals - [Skillwise worksheet] Exercise in changing fractions to decimals and decimals to fractions.
- Comparing Fractions and Decimals: Money - [Skillwise worksheet] Exercise in recognizing the correspondence between fractions and percentages in the context of money
- Comparing Fractions and Decimals: Place Value - [Skillwise worksheet] Exercise in expressing decimals as fractions or mixed nmbers, simplifying if possible
- Comparing Fractions and Decimals: Shapes - [Skillwise worksheet] Exercise in expressing the shaded areas of shapes as fractions and decimals
- Comparing Fractions And Percentages - [Skillwise worksheet] Exercise in changing fractions to percentages and percentages to fractions
- Comparing Fractions And Percentages: With Money - [Skillwise worksheet] Exercise in recognising the correspondence between fractions and percentages in the context of money
- Comparing Integers - Comparing integers with absolute values
- Comparing Numbers Game - [Skillwise game] interactive game
- Comparing Values - Create your own math facts worksheets for comparing values. Problems can include calculations using positive and negative numbers, and two-digit decimal values.
- Comparing Whole Numbers - [Skillwise worksheet] Exercise in assessing and comparing whole numbers for bakery figures
- Comparing Prices in Two Shop Sales - [Skillwise worksheet] Exercise in working with fractions and percentages to find the best monetary value
- Computation Castle - a game that requires the utilization of several math skills: mixed numbers/improper fractions, equivalent fractions, metric conversions, exponents, rounding to the nearest thousands and thousandths and place value
- Dolphin Racing - [Skillwise game]
- Evaluating Expressions - a four step lesson
- Evaluating Expressions - Get out your pencils and calculators and give these a try! [This expired link is available through the Wayback Machine Internet Archive. If the page doesn't load quickly click on Impatient? at the bottom right of the page.]
- Flower Power - position numbered flower buds to order decimals, fractions and percentages correctly - game instructions are available
- Fraction Sorter - interactive site posted by Shodor
- Greater, Less Than, or the Same - Compare these decimals
- One-Minute Video on Comparing Fractions and Percentages - [Skillwise video] Why compare fractions and percentages?
- Ordering Decimal Numbers - click and drag the numbers to put them in order from least to greatest
- Ordering Decimal Numbers II - click and drag the numbers to put them in order from least to greatest
- Percent with a Calculator - after the lesson there are problems to work
- Percentages And Fractions: Side-by-Side Game - [Skillwise game] Can you compare the fractions and percentages?
- Put Whole Numbers in Order - Three or more numbers can be placed in order. A number may come before the other numbers or it may come between them or after them
- Spy Guys Interactive - Understanding Integers - [designed for grade 6] Lesson 6
- Symbols of Inclusion - simplify each expression and choose the correct comparison symbol
site for teachers | PowerPoint show | Acrobat document | Word document | whiteboard resource | sound | video format | interactive lesson | a quiz | lesson plan | to print