Construct a summary and a paraphrase of a speech. 0801.2.5
Links verified on 7/15/2014
- Exploring Plagiarism, Copyright, and Paraphrasing - lesson plan with associates links and material to print
- Incredible Shrinking Notes - lesson plan on how to summarize what is heard
- Paraphrase Craze - Well thought out lesson with lots of chances to practice. If you want to get rid of the horrible background in IE go to Tools, Internet Options, click on Accessibility at the bottom of the General tab and click Ingore Colors. Ahhh, much better.
- Paraphrase: Write it in Your Own Words - six steps to effective paraphrasing plus some examples of good (and bad) paraphrasing
- Paraphrasing Exercise - [not interactive] five paragraphs to read and paraphrase on your own paper [ Possible Answers here ]
- Paraphrasing Practice - a six slide show - one at a time show the slides and allow students time to paraphrase. Note to teacher: Allow students time to read the slide carefully and then press the B key to black out your screen. Press B one more time to get back to the show.
- Paraphrasing Topic Sentences - Read five paragraphs and then select the sentence that best paraphrases the topic sentence of the paragraph.
- Quoting, Paraphrasing, and Summarizing - defines each and then tells why and how to use each
- Summarizing - lesson on learning to summarize
- Scaling Back to Essentials: Scaffolding Summarization With Fishbone Mapping -complete fishbone maps that highlight the main ideas and relevant details from a cause-effect text; lesson plan [This expired page is from the Internet Archive known as the Wayback Machine.]
- Self Test: Identifying and Avoiding Plagiarism - excellent examples and tests of the right way to quote, paraphrase and summarize
- Summarizing - interactive lesson and exercise
- 'Summarising' worksheets - worksheets to print and answer keys
site for teachers | PowerPoint show | Acrobat document | Word document | whiteboard resource | sound | video format | interactive lesson | a quiz | lesson plan | to print