Begin to paraphrase accurately ideas and information presented orally by others. 0601.2.5
Links verified on 9/12/2012
- Exploring Plagiarism, Copyright, and Paraphrasing - lesson plan with associates links and material to print
- Incredible Shrinking Notes - lesson plan on how to summarize what is heard
- Paraphrase Craze - Well thought out lesson with lots of chances to practice. If you want to get rid of the horrible background in IE go to Tools, Internet Options, click on Accessibility at the bottom of the General tab and click Ignore Colors. Ahhh, much better.
- Paraphrase Practice Worksheet - two paragraphs to read and paraphrase on paper
- Paraphrase Self Test - Type something in the first box as the base text. Next type your paraphrase of the first text. As you type you will see an evaluation below the second box indicating overlapping language [This expired link is available through the Wayback Machine Internet Archive. If the page doesn't load quickly click on Impatient? at the bottom right of the page.]
- Paraphrase: Write it in Your Own Words - six steps to effective paraphrasing plus some examples of good (and bad) paraphrasing
- Paraphrasing - instructions on how to paraphrase; good beginning lesson [This expired link is available through the Wayback Machine Internet Archive. If the page doesn't load quickly click on Impatient? at the bottom right of the page.]
- Paraphrasing Exercise - [not interactive] five paragraphs to read and paraphrase on your own paper [ Possible Answers here ]
- Paraphrasing Practice - a six slide show - one at a time show the slides and allow students time to paraphrase. Note to teacher: Allow students time to read the slide carefully and then press the B key to black out your screen. Press B one more time to get back to the show.
- Paraphrasing Practice - [advanced] suggestions on how to paraphrase followed by a paragraph to read and paraphrase on paper
- Paraphrasing Topic Sentences - Read five paragraphs and then select the sentence that best paraphrases the topic sentence of the paragraph.
- Quoting, Paraphrasing, and Summarizing - defines each and then tells why and how to use each
- Summarizing - lesson on learning to summarize (UK spelling used)
- Summarising - [Skillwise factsheet] a glossary of terms (UK spelling used)
- Summarising a Written Text - [Skillwise factsheet] How to summarise a written text (UK spelling used)
- Scaling Back to Essentials: Scaffolding Summarization With Fishbone Mapping -complete fishbone maps that highlight the main ideas and relevant details from a cause-effect text; lesson plan
- Self Test: Identifying and Avoiding Plagiarism - excellent examples and tests of the right way to quote, paraphrase and summarize
- Summarizing - In this lesson you will: review the basics of summarizing, identify main idea statements and detail statements, and use categories to summarize lists.
- 'Summarising' worksheets - worksheets to print and answer keys (UK spelling used)
- What is summarising? - UK site - understanding how to summarize (UK spelling used)
site for teachers | PowerPoint show | Acrobat document | Word document | whiteboard resource | sound | video format | interactive lesson | a quiz | lesson plan | to print