Use commas in direct address, dates, location and addresses, and items in a series. 0301.1.5
Links verified on 10/13/2011
- Comma Confusion - after you have answered all ten multiple-choice questions, click on the submit button at the bottom of the quiz
- Comma Use in a Series - Practice identifying correct comma use when given a list of items, Quia quiz in Battleship game format
- Comma Quiz - ten multiple choice questions with immediate feedback
- Comma Practice - [designed for 6th grade] Select sentence with correctly used commas
- Comma Rules - [designed for 5th grade] review of comma rules followed by an eight-question multiple-choice quiz
- Comma Usage: Enclosure - [advanced] Read the following sentences carefully. Insert commas where they are necessary. 20 multiple choice questions on a Quia quiz
- Comma Usage Quiz - Click on the letter that matches the correct answer. Click on the arrows to move between questions.
- Commas and Colons - [designed for 4th grade] Grammar Gold interactive quiz from Harcourt School, immediate feedback to your answers
- Commas Galore - Quia quiz in the Rags to Riches format
- Commas in Quotations - Read the directions and take the online quiz
- Commas Quiz - ten multiple-choice questions from the Blue Book on Grammar and Punctuation
- Power Proofreading - Choose 3rd grade then select; Rules for Guests, or any one of the mixed practice exercises.
- Practice Comma Quiz - Choose the sentence with the correct comma usage from the set of sentences. Ten question quiz, each question is on a new page but you can select an option to see all questions on the same page.
- Quotation marks and commas - Online Quiz
- Rules for Comma Usage - Eleven rules with examples from The Guide to Grammar and Writing
- Snowman Builder - Build a family of snowmen as you review four different skills. Select the word below that completes the compound word.
site for teachers | PowerPoint show | Acrobat document | Word document | whiteboard resource | sound | video format | interactive lesson | a quiz | lesson plan | to print