Build vocabulary by listening to literature and participating in discussions. 0301.8.5
Links verified on 10/22/2011
- Classroom Reading Key Vocabulary Building Program - a reading vocabulary improvement program that has identified the specific reading words students need to master for each grade
- Guessing Vocabulary in Context - ten multiple-choice questions, immediate grading
- Guessing Vocabulary in Context - 2 - ten more multiple choice questions
- Homographs (multiple meaning words) - Two definitions are given for the same word. You have to guess which word is being described. (a Quia quiz)
- Interactive Vocabulary Builders for Test Prep - a collection of resources at Internet4Classrooms
- Listen and Respond to Fables Lesson - online lesson with practice quiz. Tortoise and Hare
- Listen and Respond to Fables - online lesson with practice quiz; Fox and the Crow
- Multiple Meaning Words - Use context clues to determine meaning depending upon how they are used in a sentence. [click on a red dot]
- Multiple Meaning Words - Write or tell two sentences for each word below. Be sure to use the word as a noun in one sentence and as a verb in the other sentence. Click on a word to check your answers.
- Oral Language Activities that Develop Reading Readiness - games and circle time activities that build receptive and expressive language
- Oral Language Game - M and M's and me!
- Oral Language/File Folder Activity - lesson plan
- Suffix-ly - use simple strategies to determine meaning and increase vocabulary for reading, including the use of suffixes.
- Teaching Materials - Multiple Meaning Words Bulletin Board | Multiple Meaning Bulletin Board Word Cards #1 | Multiple Meaning Bulletin Board Word Cards #2
- Using Context Clues Activities - a collection of resources at Internet4Classrooms
- Using Context Clues - This section will help you review and strengthen your knowledge of using context clues. The 30 exercises are grouped into beginner, intermediate, and advanced levels. Determine your level of knowledge and then select an exercise from the lists at the site.
- Vocabulary Building Activities - this list of links is from our fourth grade skill builders page
site for teachers | PowerPoint show | Acrobat document | Word document | whiteboard resource | sound | video format | interactive lesson | a quiz | lesson plan | to print