Identify the authorís purpose (e.g., to entertain, to inform, to describe, to share feelings). SPI 0301.8.5
Links verified on 10/22/2011
- Audience and Purpose - lab activity to help students write with a purpose for an audience
- Audience and Purpose - another lab activity to help students write with a purpose for an audience
- Author's Purpose - Many resources to select from.
- Author's Purpose - lab activity to identify an author's purpose in a paragraph
- Author's Purpose Battleship - answer questions to sink the battleship [Quia quiz]
- Author's Purpose and Point of View - [22 slides] explanation and review
- Author's Purpose Interactive Practice Sites - a collection of resources at Internet4Classrooms
- Author's Purpose Worksheets and PowerPoint Shows - a collection of resources at Internet4Classrooms
- Identifying Different Types of Text - [Skillwise worksheet] Exercise in identifying different types of text.
- Evaluate Author's Purpose - Read story and print answer sheet for completion.
- Recognizing Different Types of Text - [Skillwise factsheet] How to recognize different types of text.
- Understanding Different Types of Text - [Skillwise factsheet] How to understand different types of text.
- What is the Author's purpose - Watch these videos and learn information .Teacher handouts available in this lesson.
site for teachers | PowerPoint show | Acrobat document | Word document | whiteboard resource | sound | video format | interactive lesson | a quiz | lesson plan | to print