Construct and analyze double bar and line graphs. 0506.5.1
Links verified on 4/9/2013
- Bar Graph - Enter data to create a bar graph, then manipulate the graph's maximum and minimum values
- Bugs in the System - drag colored cyber-bugs into the right column and then interpret the graphs you created
- A Change of Art - When cybersites mysteriously start losing power, the kids use a line graph to track and discover the pattern that links the power loss with the arrival of strange Hacker statues.
- Collecting and Analyzing Data - multiple-choice quiz [5 problems]
- Data Interpretation Games - Numerous activities on using and interpreting data - Activities include bar, pie and line graphs, data collecting and much more
- Data Picking - Students collect data, enter tally marks or numbers and then select which graph is appropriate.
- A Day at the Spa - Our Heroes learn how lists, tables, and diagrams can help them manage the many different ways to combine things.
- Double Bar Graph - Enter data to create a double bar graph, and then manipulate the graph's maximum and minimum values.
- Exploring Double Bar Graphs - use this E-Lab activity to compare two sets of data - from Harcourt School
- Fun and Sun Rent-a-Car - students use tables, graphs, linear functions to solve a real-world problem
- Graphing Skills - What's the point? find the point on the grid
- The Hot Tub - This is a fun activity where students tell the story behind a graph and relate slope to rate of change.
- How to Read a Bar Graph and a Double Bar Graph - a lesson plan from Hot Chalk’s Lesson Plan page
- Interpreting Data with a Random Ball-Picking Machine - experiment with a random generator at a BBC site to collect data to make decisions about probability.
- After you finish working through the ball-picking activity, take a ten-question probability quiz
- Interpreting Data - multiple-choice quiz [5 problems]
- Interpreting Line Graphs - explore line graphs.
- Line Graph Review - explains the advantages and disadvantages of line graphs
- Making a Double Bar Graph: Introducing the Concept - a lesson plan from Houghton Mifflin Math
- Overview of a Bar Graph by Nicole Carroll followed by a practice quiz
- Overview of a Line Graph by Nicole Carroll
- Push Ups - collect data to put on a line graph
- Raising the Bar - In a battle of bar graphs, the kids and Hacker try to prove to Ms. Fileshare whether she has a problem with cyberbugs in the cybrary.
- Reading Charts and Graphs - compare types of information shown in different kinds of charts
- Spy Guys Interactive - Understanding and Interpreting Graphs - [designed for grade 6] Lesson 10
- Using Graphs to Understand Data - multiple-choice quiz [5 problems]
- What Percentage of your Class is Right or Left Handed? - a data collection and analysis class experiment
site for teachers | PowerPoint show | Acrobat document | Word document | whiteboard resource | sound | video format | interactive lesson | a quiz | lesson plan | to print