Classroom Strategies - Special Needs
Links verified 2/14/2013
Accommodations vs. Modifications- Adjustment of the facilities, curriculum, and instruction relating to the education of students with disabilities.
- Activity Ideas for Students with Severe/Profound/Multiple/Disabilities - Activity Ideas for Students with Severe/Profound/Multiple Disabilities was the cover story in PALAESTRA:Volume 13, Number 4, a quarterly publication and premier resource on adapted physical activity. [This expired link is available through the Wayback Machine Internet Archive. If the page doesn't load quickly click on Impatient? at the bottom right of the page.]
- Adapting Instruction - Adaptation strategies common in working with special education students.
- Adapted PE - Developmentally appropriate physical education at its finest. It is adapting, modifying, and/or changing a physical activity so it is as appropriate for the person with a disability as it is for a person without a disability.
- Comics - Using comics to help Special Needs; MakeBeliefsComix.com is a useful resource in helping youngsters express themselves and communicate with others.
- Improving Reading Skills in the Science Classroom - Integrate the acquisition of skills with the understanding of content.
- Lessons with Modifications for Special Needs - modification ideas included with the lessons.
- Never Too Late: Approaches to Reading Instruction for Secondary Students with Disabilities - Collaborative Strategic Reading (CSR) and Strategic Instruction Model (SIM).
- Practical Strategies For The Classroom For Special Education - Strategies to assist individual learning styles and provide success to all students with special needs.
- Social Acceptance of Students with Learning Disabilities - The individual with a learning disability has one final challenge to meet in life: Social Acceptance.
- Special Education Lesson Plans - Lesson Plans for students with special needs.
- Special Needs Resources for Teachers - Teaching students with special needs effectively; information for teaching students with ADHD, Autism, Asperger's, Giftedness, and Handicaps.
- Teaching Every Student - Adaptable lesson plans; Universal Design for Learning (UDL) toolkit.
- Teachers First Matrix - Scroll to the Special Ed section for sites and ideas for K-12.
- Teachers Helping Teachers - Dr. Scott Mande - Lesson plans for teachers of special education.
site for teachers | PowerPoint show | Acrobat document | Word document | whiteboard resource | sound | video format | interactive lesson | a quiz | lesson plan | to print