Pre-K Listening Discrimination
Links verified on 09-08-2015
- Animal Sounds - Click on each of the 'play' buttons to hear an animal sound, and try to recognize the animal. All the animals in this exercise are listed in the box below. The teacher can type in the proper animal in English (without an article) to each text box and click "Check".
- Fuzzy Lion Ears - Listen to the word, then click on the beginning sound.
- Listening Game - click on the sounds, drag the correct picture in place to match the sound
- Memory - In the memory game, listen carefully and find the animal sounds. Click on the window to make the animal appear and hear its sound. Click on the other windows to find its match.
- Orson's Waller Blending- Phoneme Blending - Match word that Orson says to the object.
- Phonemic Segments - Deletion and Substitution - Lanolin's Greenhouse - Click on the object that matches the new word with beginning letter replacement.
- Phonemic Segments - Deletion and Substitution - Pumpkin Patch - Click on the object that matches the new phoneme without the beginning letter sound. Excellent practice for students that have a hard time hearing individual phonemic parts!
- Sound Dominos - Dominoes is a phoneme matching game that builds short term memory and sound and word recognition ability.
- Sound Math - Match the sounds with the pictures. Animals and musical instruments. Audio directions provided.
- What do you hear? - Listen to what is said and click on the correct picture. many categories to select, numbers, clothing, etc.
a site for teachers | a PowerPoint show | Adobe Acrobat document | a Word document
sound | video format | interactive lesson | a quiz | lesson plan | to print