CCSS.Math.Content.3.OA.D.8 - Solve two-step word problems using the four operations. Represent these problems using equations with a letter standing for the unknown quantity. Assess the reasonableness of answers using mental computation and estimation strategies including rounding.
Authors: National Governors Association Center for Best Practices, Council of Chief State School Officers
Title: CCSS.Math.Content.3.OA.D.8 Solve Two-step Word Problems Using The Four... Operations and Algebraic Thinking - 3rd Grade Mathematics Common Core State Standards
Publisher: National Governors Association Center for Best Practices, Council of Chief State School Officers, Washington D.C.
Copyright Date: 2010
(Page last edited 05/13/2016)
- Problems and Solutions - Lesson to help understand that problems can be solved by drawing pictures and diagrams.
- Restating a Problem - Lesson on restating a problem to help you to plan how to find a solution.
- Solve these word problems. - Look at each problem and the picture you might draw to help solve it. You can exchange the pictures for number equations
- Solving Problems - Read each problem carefully.?Solve the hidden problem.
- Story Problems - Restate the problem, then solve
- Story problems to solve - Think of 2 different equations you can use to solve these problems.
- Understanding how to find the hidden question in the problem - Lesson ; Read the problem carefully?and decide what information must be found before you can solve the entire problem.